Wednesday, May 6, 2009

5 Questions for a GOTO Kid: Raven Page '03

1. What did you like most about Appel Farm Arts & Music Summer camp?
The abundance of great raw talent everywhere. Every part of that camp had interesting, talented kids and counselors that I could learn from and grow with, no matter what the craft.

It felt really good to experience a place out of the city, where for one month, I lived with people from all over who shared the same interest of Arts and Music like I did. But most importantly, I enjoyed the wonderful life long friendships I've built there.

2. What were your majors?
I was in a band all three years. My First Year was jazz band. We didn't have a name though. Second and Third Year it was "Raven and the Flip-flops" and "Raven and the Trojan Men". Since most of the members were the same and I was the only girl and lead singer, we decided to use my name in our title both years. We Rocked! I couldn't had better band members or picked a better major!

3. What are your plans for this summer?
To start, I'll be at Brown University taking a Digital Video film production Pre- College Program, because among all the things I want to accomplish in my life, I also aspire to be a Director.

Then after Brown, I come back to New York to attend Columbia University's College Prep Program, to support my plans to attend Yale. Then I'll be in the United Nations young leadership conference program. Once these programs are complete, I'll continue my volunteer duties at the Red Cross and YMCA. That just about sums up my summer, and I can't wait to get started.

4. Who’s your favorite artist or musician?
I love all Music. But it's a three way tie for my all time favorite musicians which are: Jason Mraz, John Mayer, & Ray LaMontagne.

5. What do you want to be doing ten years from now?
Pursuing to my life long goal of helping the world. And still being apart of the GOTO family.

Bonus 1. What’s your favorite activity that doesn’t include arts or music?
It would have to be between helping people and learning. Both of which are life long and things I love to do. To know that I helped someone or learned something new means a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment