Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5 Questions for a GOTO Kid: Aleksandr Akulov ‘02


1. What did you like most about Appel Farm Arts & Music summer camp?
The atmosphere at Appel Farm was the best attraction for me. Everybody had to have had a great time. Some loved to play in rock concerts, others loved to play tennis, and the rest loved to play spin the bottle. I liked that there was a balance between the arts and the free time. Most of all, I appreciated the relationships that formed and the camaraderie that was shared among friends.

2. What were your majors?
My major was music. My concentration was the piano. My minor was glassblowing and yoga. I played in a band called "Alex's Eight Balls." This was the biggest band that year and it was made up of 2 girls and 4 guys. I remember performing "Watermelon Man" with the band and it was a lot of fun!

3. What are you up to now?
Right now, I attend the Macaulay Honors College at Hunter College; double majoring in Economics and Political Science. I occasionally fool around with my guitar at the dorm and fool around with the piano when ever I find one nearby.

4. What are your plans for this summer?
I'm going to be working for the College Now Program here at Hunter and taking a Political Science class. I also recently got an internship at an investment banking firm and most probably will take that up as well. Most importantly, I'm going to relax. Of course, I will keep up with my arts as they keep me sane. Hopefully, I'll be able to squeeze a few trips to the beach with my girlfriend.

5. Who’s your favorite artist or musician?
My favorite composer is Craig Armstrong. My favorite artists are Mark Shagal and Jackson Pollock. My favorite pieces of art, however, are Dogs Playing Poker by C.M Coolidge and The Son of Man by Rene Magritte.

Bonus 1. What do you want to be doing ten years from now?
I can safely say that I have no idea.

Bonus 2. What’s your favorite activity that doesn’t include arts or music?
I like to go bowling and shooting pool with friends. I'm also very into the British car show: Top Gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment